Electricity and Kids
Electricity has been an amazing human achievement. With the provision of electricity to power our homes, it has made life very comfortable.
With this comfort, comes a level of danger for both adults and children if not handled safely and with a large amount of respect.
It is important to teach your children to respect electricity and to be safe whenever you are around switches and appliances.
* Never switch a light or use an electrical appliance while you are in the shower or bath.
* Keep cords safely out of the path of traffic in your house.
* Check for wear and tear of all cords.
* Never put anything other than electrical cords into an outlet and if your children are likely to, utilise the child safety plugs available to block off your unused outlets.
* Adults are only to change light bulbs.
* Teach your children about fires and what they need to do. For yourself, don’t ever attempt to put out an electrical fire with water.
* If your children like to climb trees, ensure these trees do not have power lines running through them.
* Keep your children inside during thunderstorms.
* Never swim in the pool during thunderstorms.
If you and your children understand and respect electricity, everyone has a better chance of remaining safe.
Make sure that all your wiring is modern and if you have moved to a new home have it all checked by a licensed electrician.
Lightning Bult Electrical are your local licensed electricians who bring you more than 20 years of experience in the industry, call 9905 8800 today and arrange an obligation free inspection of your electrical wiring throughout your home.